Thoughts on hockey from a 9-year old's perspective

Welcome to my hockey blog. I hope you enjoy it!

Ryan

Monday, January 25, 2010

Winter Olympics are coming up!

My name is Ryan.  I am 8 years old and I love hockey.

The winter olympics are a couple of weeks away...Vancouver 2010.  I can't wait to see the new Team Canada.  Today I want to talk about the goaltenders...Martin Brodeur, Roberto Luongo and Marc-Andre Fleury.  I want Roberto Luongo to be the main goaltender because he plays for the Canucks.  He'll be the home town 'favourite'. 

This weekend, I actually got to play goalie at hockey practice for the first time.  Here's a picture:


It was a very fun experience and I actually got a shutout in the scrimmage.  It was hard at first, but I figured out pretty fast how to skate with the big pads on.  I should get a chance to play at least one more time before the end of the season. 

Check back next week here in the Neutral Zone because I'll have a recap of the game this coming weekend...it's at an outdoor rink! 

Talk to you next time here in the Neutral Zone!
Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ryan, I am a friend of your Dad's. I live just out Toronto but my team is Calgary. Sorry. Anyway good stories and keep up the practicing so some day I can be watching you on Hockey Night in Canada.

    ReplyDelete