Thoughts on hockey from a 9-year old's perspective

Welcome to my hockey blog. I hope you enjoy it!

Ryan

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Winter Classic

My name is Ryan.  I'm 8 years old and I love hockey!


Yesterday I watched the Winter Classic...Philadelphia at Boston played in Fenway Park.  The game was great.  Tim Thomas made some amazing saves for Boston.  At the other end Michael Leighton had a shutout until almost the end of the third period.  At the 17:42 mark, Boston's Mark Recchi scored to tie it 1-1 for Boston.  Then they went to overtime. 

Philadelphia's Daniel Briere had a great chance but he fanned on the shot.  Finally, right after that, Boston's Marco Sturm deflected a shot by Patrice Bergeron to win the game. 

After the game they announced the U.S. Olympic hockey team.  Tim Thomas, the goalie for Boston, made the team.  Two of my favorite players for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Phil Kessel and Mike Komisarek, were also both named to the team.  The Leafs President & General Manager, Brian Burke, is the General Manager for Team USA.  Great to see lots of my Leafs represented on Team USA!!

Talk to you next time here in the Neutral Zone!
Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ryan, Enjoyed your blog. I will check in fom time to time and see what's going on with hockey. Dick

    ReplyDelete