Thoughts on hockey from a 9-year old's perspective

Welcome to my hockey blog. I hope you enjoy it!

Ryan

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Yesterday's Game

My name is Ryan.  I am 8 years old and I love hockey. 

Yesterday I played a game against the Woodland Park Huskies.  I scored a hat trick!  Here's what happened...

On my second shift of the game, one of my teammates cleared the puck down the ice.  Their defencemen were down in our end so I took off after the puck.  It bounced off the boards behind the net and came right out in front of the net.  I took a quick shot and put it in the corner of the net.  The goaltender didn't know where the puck was.  My other two goals were in the shootout.  The final score was 2-1 Falcons over the Huskies.  It was actually tied 1-1 for most of the game but one of my teammates scored with only 46 seconds left in the game. 

My Dad Tivo'ed the Penguins/Leafs game for me last night and I'm going to watch it today.  Dad won't tell me what the score was! 

Congratulations to the US on winning the World Junior Hockey Championships last week.  Jordan Eberle scored two goals in the third period to tie the game up 5-5 when it was looking like the US was going to win easily.  John Carlson scored in overtime for the US to give them the 6-5 victory. 

Talk to you next time here in the Neutral Zone!
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment