Thoughts on hockey from a 9-year old's perspective

Welcome to my hockey blog. I hope you enjoy it!

Ryan

Monday, January 4, 2010

Canada vs. USA

My name is Ryan. I'm 8 years old and I love hockey!


I can't wait until tomorrow night to see the Canada versus USA Gold Medal game.  The US beat Sweden 5-2 last night.  Yesterday afternoon, Canada beat Switzerland 6-1 to also move into the Gold Medal round.  The last time these two teams met, on New Years Eve, Canada won in a shootout 5-4. 
 
The last time these teams met in the final round was in 2004, when the U.S. won to claim their first World Junior Hockey championship.  Canada has won the last five World Junior Hockey Championships and I'd love to see them win a sixth!
 
On another subject, the Maple Leafs' Wayne Primeau was injured on Saturday night in a bad 3-1 loss to the Calgary Flames.  I have a funny connection to Wayne...he is the cousin of my parents' friend Sherri.  Sherri's husband, Lou, used to coach for the Brampton Batallion.  Have you heard of Jason Spezza?  Lou coached him with Brampton.  My mom got an autograph from Jason Spezza years ago when he was with Brampton and she sang the National Anthems at a game.  I'll write more about this later.

Talk to you next time here in the Neutral Zone!
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment