Thoughts on hockey from a 9-year old's perspective

Welcome to my hockey blog. I hope you enjoy it!

Ryan

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Canada Wins Olympic Gold!

My name is Ryan. I am 8 years old and I love hockey.

I am so excited because the Canadians won 3-2 over the U.S.A. in overtime to win the Gold Medal in Vancouver.  I compliment both goaltenders, Roberto Luongo for Canada and especially Ryan Miller for the U.S.A.  Both of them had a phenomenal game.  Ryan Miller was named the MVP of the tournament.  Roberto Luongo played very well in the game also. 

I congratulate Sidney Crosby for scoring the overtime goal giving Team Canada the Men's Olympic Hockey Gold Medal.  Crosby nudged the puck to Jarome Iginla in the US corner.  Iginla was checked into the boards and passed the puck one-handed out to Crosby who took a quick shot which went through the five hole of Ryan Miller. 

Finland won the Bronze medal over Slovakia yesterday.  Congratulations Finland!

We had to leave as soon as Crosby scored the goal because my brother and I had a hockey tournament to play in this afternoon.  We were pretty pumped up when we got there...I scored a hat trick and also got three assists...including one to my brother who scored his first ever goal. 

We had decorated the whole basement to give luck to Team Canada to get the gold.  I guess it worked!

Talk to you next time here in the Neutral Zone!

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment