Thoughts on hockey from a 9-year old's perspective

Welcome to my hockey blog. I hope you enjoy it!

Ryan

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Practicing With The Avalanche!

My name is Ryan. I am 9 years old and I love hockey.

Today I had a practice with two of the most famous Colorado Avalanche players at their practice facility in Denver.  Paul Stastny and John-Michael Liles helped the coaches from my team with our drills.  It was a great experience skating with two National Hockey League players.  They were really supportive of all of us. Even though we were a lot younger, they still supported us like they would their teammates. 

Here is a picture of me and John-Michael:


And here's a picture of me getting an autograph from Paul:



We did scrimmages and skating drills.  My favorite was the scrimmage when both Paul and John-Michael helped.  Here's a picture of me skating backwards on defense...maybe someday I'll play defence in the NHL just like John-Michael!



I would like to thank my Dad for all the support for bringing me to all of these early morning practices instead of sleeping in!  I also want to thank my Uncle Chris and Aunt Kathleen for taking us to the Avalance game last week. 

Talk to you next time here in the Neutral Zone!

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment